There are no costs associated with submitting a paper for publication to the Diversity Research Institute (DRI) Journal. If you are submitting a paper to be reviewed by the Editorial Board Members, please make sure you follow the guidelines for submission below.
The Diversity Research Institute Journal is a venue for business practice and academic collaboration, with aims to advance the knowledge of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Distinctly, its scope is to impact organizational and business practice. The DRI Journal publishes writing with organizational and behavioral orientations from an array of disciplinary backgrounds including business, psychology, anthropology, race, ethnic, and gender studies.
It welcomes essays that address historical concerns with social difference, and the methodological implications and applications of having an inclusive workplace.
A paper published by the DRI Journal will meet all of the following criteria:
- It bridges theoretical ideas with their applicability in everyday workplaces and/or business practices. We are specifically looking for research that can be a tool for change to an audience concerned with diversity and inclusion in their organizations and institutions.
- It demonstrates awareness over the most pressing concerns with diversity and inclusion the workplace.
- It offers a clear argument that bridges academic and workplace concerns and to advance diversity and inclusion ideas and initiatives.
- Beyond critical, it offers practical sites and areas for diversity and inclusion intervention and change.
- It uses qualitative and/or quantitative data to support diversity and inclusion claims.
- It offers insightful business strategy and/or workplace operation ideas while being attentive of historic and systemic inequalities.
- While a manuscript does not have to be innovative to be considered for publication, it must carefully tie research methods and analytical argumentation to its significance within business and society at large.
The target length of your manuscript should be 8,000 words including notes and references. All submissions should include a photo or graphic that is representative or illuminates an area of the research conducted. Please upload this image separately from the manuscript as WEBPHOTO. If your manuscript is accepted, this graphic will be used to showcase your essay in the DRI Journal online publication.
All submissions must include three to five keywords that best categorize the paper. At least three of these keywords must match those on the DRI index. Keywords are to be located below the title on the front page.
Use Inclusive Language
Avoid biased language. Do not use “he” or “him” as generic pronouns when a gender is not known. In all such instances change nouns to plural versions and pronouns to “they.”
Conform your manuscript, including references, in-text citations, and formatting to APA citation style. Do not bold, italicize, or include font formatting on your references. All references must be cited in the text, and vice versa.
The DRI Journal review process is anonymous. Please refrain from using your own name in the text. If citing your own work, please replace your name with the word AUTHOR. Manuscripts that have been submitted elsewhere must be substantially revised and address all of the submission guidelines outlined above.
All tables and text boxes can be embedded in the text, but images and other graphics must be uploaded as separate files with the submission of your manuscript. These separate files must be titled “IMAGE 1,” “IMAGE 2,” etc. in the order that they appear. In addition, using the corresponding titles indicate image placement in the manuscript as [IMAGE 1], [IMAGE 2], etc.
For invited manuscripts, please submit to [email protected] in Word 1997-2004 .doc format.
For all other manuscripts, a submission portal will be available in May of 2016.
Submitting in .doc Format
If you are submitting in .doc format, your manuscript must have right justified header with a running title and a page number. Manuscripts should be typed in 12-point font with 1-inch margins (2.54cm) in Times or Times New Roman.
Any questions about the submission guidelines can be e-mailed to [email protected]